I started this blog in 2008 more out of frustration than anything. I used to write travelogues of my trips and send it to dozens of friends and not receive any comments. It would drive me crazy and make me second-guess myself. That is when a friend suggested that I start a blog and get like minded people to read it. Thanks to her suggestion, I don't bother my friends now (Well....not as much as I used to).
2008 was a great year for us, travel and other wise too. Here are trip reports from our travels in 2008:
- Belize, Central America
- Bruges, Belgium
- Amsterdam and Tulip Gardens, Netherlands
- Prague - 1, Czech Republic
- Prague - 2, Czech Republic
- Hallstatt, Austria
- Ajanta and Ellora
- Bhimashankar Wildlife Sanctuary
- New Zealand - This is definitely happening. Saru and I are going there in Feb.
- Jim Corbett NP - I really hope NatureIndia organizes another tour in March or April. Adesh Shivkar, the resource person for the tour is the best birding guide ever.
- Valley of Flowers trek - I really want to do at least one Himalayan trek this year. I am religiously exercising everyday to build up my stamina.
- Ladakh - Might go with WOW if the husband can't take time off.
I cannot put myself to publish a post without a picture, so here is one from San Francisco bay area where we lived for the last eight years.
Cheers and have a great 2009.